We had no activity planned for today so we decided to wait and see if something interesting came along as we did our errands and hubby bowled with his league today. Then a friend of ours gave us a gift card for the Cheesesteak Factory for Christmas so we instantly had our activity for the day! Serendipity like that is pretty cool! So off we went to the Cheesecake Factory for an early dinner and it was a fun experience since we never go to restaurants like this unless it is a gift. The food was good, the service was OK, and the restaurant, although at 25% capacity, seemed pretty busy.
In other good news...
- I finally got the title to our car back from the DMV today. It took SIX MONTHS to get the lienholder taken off the title they are so backed up!
- Someone from the unemployment office called me a couple of days ago and set up my case so I would get unemployment for the temp job I was supposed to do this past summer which was shut down due to the pandemic. While the weekly amount I will get is miniscule ($81...people are supposed to survive on this???) I will also get the $600 a week from the CARES Act. Whatever amount I get will be a nice little bonus but the tens of thousands of people who actually have to live on their unemployment and haven't seen a penny for several months is terrible!
- Here are some useful websites, several of which I use.
- This was a funny infographic about Asian languages.
- This was a cool pattern guide for cutting out paper snowflakes.
- Finally, here is a cute infographic on how to make rice (I have used this method for years!).