We are down to one last guest who will leave in a couple of days. Needless to say, with six people here for more than a week, it was crazy here! Mostly it was a lot of cooking, cleaning, and laundry for us as we usually just give our guests a car and three meals a day then let them do whatever they want to do while they are here (this time the kids and grandkids did the Children's Museum, aquarium, trampoline park, and binged lots of Netflix movies while they were here!).
In other news...
- The SIL took us out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant and she ordered sopapillas for desert. At $7.95 for a small order, I said "I can make these myself!" which I often do when something seems simple to make yet expensive in a restaurant. I did a quick search and came up with this recipe, whipped some up, and she said she likes them better than what we had at the restaurant!
- We went grocery shopping and I can't help but notice that food packages are getting smaller while food prices are increasing. Bummer.
- I only did 61 days of my 90 day photo challenge because things were so crazy here I forgot to take pictures other than family pictures! Also a bummer.
- We are having an actual monsoon season here which is nice. It seems like the rain and monsoon season completely missed us for the last couple years so it nice to resume having evening storms (but I can do without all of the humidity though!).
- We are watching the Olympics. A lot.
Here's hoping August is less crazy both people-wise, covid-wise, economy-wise, etc!