So far this past week or so...
- The Canada trucker convoy/Trudeau enacts emergency powers/Trudeau rescind emergency powers thing. I know very little about Canadian politic but it was interesting watching discussions in the House of Commons, it was awful that people's bank accounts could be randomly seized, and then just like that the whole thing seemed to be forgotten.
- Speaking of convoys, American truckers just started their convoy...their timing couldn't be worse as they started this just as war was breaking out so their cause has become kind of a non-issue.
- Covid seems to be dropping off the radar as well. That was fast!
- What we are noticing are higher food prices, higher gas prices, and general inflation on just about everything. Bummer.
- Also, the Olympics were a dud. After they let the girl who failed the drug test continue to compete for some unknown reason, we stopped watching the Olympics. If sports competitions aren't fair it takes all of the fun out of watching them.
- Finally, Russia attacked Ukraine leading to a full-fledged war between the two countries. This is leading some people to speculate World War 3 is just around the corner. Eeekkk
I don't know whether to ignore the news all together or start putting together a bunker!