Thursday, July 7, 2022

10 Things from Today

In no particular order...

  1. The price of stamps will increase on July 10 so be sure and buy some forever stamps before then.
  2. Also, starting July 16 you can call 988 for help if you are having a suicidal/mental health crisis.
  3. We went and watched the new Elvis movie today ($4 each for seniors at the theater today!).  It was good but very long and it was filmed like a music video so kind of jarring to watch.  Also, since we go during the senior matinee time, they crank up the sound so I need to wear my ear plugs in order to enjoy it!
  4. It's 104 degrees here today and it's supposed to hit 112 degrees next week.  eeekkk
  5. Someone blew up the Georgia Guidestones yesterday.  That's crazy!  I'm glad we got to see them when we were in Georgia several years ago (see photo above).
  6. We are binge-watching 'The Unxplained' on Netflix.  I love mystery shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, 20/20, and Unsolved Mysteries.
  7. Thinking about moving?  These places will pay you to move there.
  8. I saw this story about Brad Pitt having face blindness on the news this morning.  I have this too and even participated in a Harvard study several years ago on the topic.  Basically if I don't see you in a place I expect you to be and I don't hear your voice, I won't recognize you.  Many years ago I took my nieces and nephews to the park and when I was ready to leave, I couldn't identify which kids I was supposed to bring home with me!
  9. We are still deciding if we should move and where we should move to.
  10. We also aren't traveling now due to the massive airline cancellation problem.  We may do a road trip in August if gas prices go down by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment