My resolutions for the coming year are pretty basic and very few, just some things for self improvement and other projects that I really want to accomplish this year. This should be more manageable, I think, than having a giant list of goals. My resolutions this year are:
- Eat whole food, plant-based vegan for the entire year. This will be difficult but my diet lately has been absolute crap so I started the day today with oatmeal and fruit...so far, so good!
- Walk every day and finish 100 volksmarches. My walking club has a challenge to complete 100 10k walks during the year. I always sign up for this challenge but never complete it so I figure that if I do two walks a week, this will be simple to complete (I always wait until like September when I would have to do a 10k everyday until the end of the year and, needless to say, never do this!). I want to walk some distance everyday so hubby and I started this goal today by walking 1.5 miles to the grocery store and back where I bought some veggies and took the picture above.
- Renovate the house. It has been more than ten years since we bought our house and at the time everything--paint, carpet, appliances, etc--were brand new. I want to refresh the house with at least paint and new flooring, maybe new appliance and new countertops, and possibly a new AC unit since ours is more than 15 years old.
- Pay off the house. We are making good progress on paying off the house but still have several more years left on the mortgage. This goal is kind of wishful thinking at this point but maybe if I focus on this a la law of attraction thinking, we will miraculously get the house paid off ASAP.
- Take a photo everyday. I've tried to do 90 day photo challenges in the past and didn't complete them because other stuff came up. For now I will see how long I can keep this streak alive and post a daily photo on my other blog as well as Facebook.
- Do an activity every week. We generally go out and go shopping or stop by and see friends or go out to eat somewhere every week but this year, at least once a week, I am going to plan an actual activity with hubby. Our activity for this week will be going to the movies tomorrow (senior day with $4 movies). When the weather gets warmer we will do more outdoor activities.
- Blog more consistently. My blogging here and on my other blog has been kind of hit or miss this year so I want to set a consistent blogging schedule for this year. Not sure if I will blog daily but at least a couple times a week will be good.
- Write daily. I have more than a dozen fiction books in some state of completion. I love to write and I get inspired and write like a mad woman then get bored and set the book project aside. Rinse and repeat. Maybe I will get a whole book finished this year!
That's it! Eight goals that I will (hopefully) successfully complete this year!