Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Finished

The last few weeks have been BUSY! This week seems be giving us a breather before we gear up to host a dozen guests in early March.  So far...

  • Hubby's sister passed away just minutes after she was removed from life support last week.  Several family members were with her and the rest of us were there in spirit--and on FB messenger--as it happened.  Some things I didn't know: cremation in her area is only $1300 (I thought it would cost much more) and obituaries submitted to the local newspaper cost $300 (I thought this was free!).
  • Hubby also had his 74th birthday last week.  It was a low-key day but over the weekend three different friends took us out to dinner to three different mid to high end restaurants to celebrate his birthday.  We have wonderful friends!
  • We did a speedy 'pack stuff up and haul everything out of the living room and kitchen so the flooring guys could come in and install new flooring' thing.  It only took them two days and watching them install the flooring made me happy we didn't try to do this ourselves--it looked quite complicated and involved lots of physical labor.  Now we are putting everything back together in the living room and kitchen and hubby said doing the upstairs flooring will probably take place several months from now--after he recuperates from this physically taxing past week!
  • Here are a couple of great deals from the National Parks Service: Gold Star families and military retirees can now get free lifetime park passes here (plus free annual passes for active duty military members).  Also, you can get free seed packets here from the AltNPS organization.
  • Finally, the comments on my blog, my replies to comments on my blog, and some comments I make on other people's blogs seem to be all messed up!  Not sure what is happening but it might be the browser I am using...I hope to figure this mess out soon!
  • Pictures from our flooring project...





10 comments:

  1. Sorry about his sister. What was her illness? Your kitchen looks spacious and the flooring is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She had been ill for several years with heart and lung problems which just continued to get worse.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry about his sister. I think the free ad is the bare bones obit. If anyone wants more in the paper, it costs. I think that is the way it works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had to submit an obituary in many years so it was definitely more expensive than I thought it would be.

      Delete
  3. sorry about your loss, your flooring looks good.

    ReplyDelete