Friday, November 17, 2023

Sales and Other Things


A bunch of random things...

  • We went grocery shopping today and got everything in the above picture for $49.01, saving $67.57 off the regular price.  We got: 2 pineapples, a loaf of French bread, 8 pieces of fried chicken, a pound of cheese, two racks of ribs, 4 cinnamon rolls, 2 dozen eggs, 4 boxes of brownie mix, 5 lbs potatoes, 3 rolls of biscuits, 2 containers of Coffee Mate, and some heavy cream.  We shopped only sale items/discounted app items and I think this was a good deal overall.
  • 50 reasons Australia isn't on the top of my travel list.
  • I made this breadstick recipe last week and hubby said they turned out better than Olive Garden breadsticks.
  • And after much searching, I found this great (free!) file converter that works perfectly.  For several months I took pictures in .heic format which used to be free to convert to .jpeg but then Microsoft started charging for the app to convert the pictures so I looked everywhere to be able to change my pictures to a format that I could actually view (making something free then later charging for it is--IMHO--a jerk move by these companies!).
  • We are all set for our usual quiet Thanksgiving at home next week.
  • The price of stamps is going up in January so I bought a few books which should keep me in stamps for the next year or so.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I love to shop only sale, bogo items. It helps! Stamps going up again? Well, i will purchase more before then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me about stamps. I just ordered 5 books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the grocery stop! I definitely want to visit Australia, but agree that they have some scary animals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the heads up on postage stamps. Going to get mine today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Australia in on my list to visit and thanks for the heads up on the postage stamp price increase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I would love to visit Australia just to see it, the 24-hour flight time, not to mention the creepy crawlies, is a bit off-putting!

      Delete