Monday, June 27, 2011

A Quick Update

Here's what's happening today:
  • We are off to Las Vegas today!
  • I booked our flight for this evening which, if I would have thought about it, I would have done differently.  Evenings in tropical climates often bring thunderstorms which often delay flights and I (duh) forgot all about that.
  • Just as I thought, I somehow had less to pack when leaving than when we first arrived.  This is due to sending a couple of flat rate boxes of stuff I didn't want to my niece, having my sister in law take a suitcase of our stuff to Seattle when she worked there last week, and mailing one last flat rate box of stuff we didn't need to our mailing address today where we will pick it up week after next (we figured the $10 flat rate box was less than the $50 it would cost to check a suitcase through to our final destination). 
  • We're going to miss the beautiful weather, the free rent (!), and the great food here! 
  • It will be wonderful to meet up with friends in Las Vegas that I haven't seen in a while.
  • Friends back in Seattle already have plans for me when I get there as well. 
  • And my oddest realization...You know how people think that if they had a few months of having absolutely nothing to do and no responsibilities, they could do all kinds of great things (write a novel, exercise every day, learn a new language, etc)? I used to think that but I found that during our last four months here with absolutely nothing to do and no responsibilities I really didn't accomplish much of anything.  I guess for me, I get much more done when I am already busy (that whole 'objects in motion tend to stay in motion, objects at rest tend to stay at rest' thing I guess).

4 comments:

  1. Have a great flight!! :) Snap some pics to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe flight and a fun time in Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bon voyage! Las Vegas is great! Can't wait to hear all about it! Have a safe flight and may you pass through security without any problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the well wishes!!

    ReplyDelete