Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's a Quiet Weekend

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!  While we now live at ground zero for St Patrick's Day celebrations (Las Vegas), we are (unfortunately) spending the weekend at home.  Hubby has been sick for a few days so we have been holed up at home until he feels better.  And some other stuff:

  • I made a few changes to the blog.  I am so graphics-ly challenged it isn't funny.  But I changed the colors, determined that I need to start adding more pictures, and added a couple of pages where I can highlight links and super money-saving tips.
  • While the hubby is sick (poor guy sounds like he is hacking up a lung or something), we have saved money on gas and spending by staying home for a few days so I guess that is kind of a good thing (but I hope hubby recovers quickly, I would much rather be sick than have to watch him be sick!).
  • I am putting together a challenge for myself for the month of April.  It will be something along the lines of doing an activity each day that intimidates and/or scares the heck out of me like doing the scary ride at the top of the Stratosphere, applying to UNLV, or doing a LV Jelly's meet up (I was going to go to a meet up with this group of techies/hackers last week but the thought of lil ole me intruding on people who actually know what they are doing with computers made me feel super intimidated so I didn't go).
  • It's been two weeks and still not a peep about the house we made an offer on.  Either we have the worst realtor in Vegas OR people who sell property in Las Vegas don't read the part at the bottom of the contract where it says that they need to respond to our offer within 72 hours.
  • We are supposed to have a storm here today complete with rain.  After spending my entire life in the Pacific Northwest, I really do miss not having any rain here.
  • I am dreaming about a three month vacation in the fall.  I would like to hit Japan, the Philippines, the UK, and take a cruise.  The cost for the entire trip would be around $30,000 for both of us (!!) so unless something major happens (maybe I will sell my book?), I may have to ratchet back the dream a bit.
I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I look forward to seeing what you do in April :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I know of real estate...no reply is a reply. I would call your agent.

    Choose one of the places you listed for vacation and go for two weeks. A month is too long while skipping around...btdt.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete