Today I am thankful for...
- Spring food. There is something about eating fresh strawberries and asparagus that fairly shouts "spring is here!"
- Having work dropped in my lap. I know I need to get out there and find some work but I have been a bit lazy lately and a friend has been giving me a bunch of work lately so I am very happy about that.
- Feral Homemaking gave me a Liebster Blog Award! (see story below)
- Having health insurance. Hubby had to get his prescriptions renewed with his new doctor and not only does our new insurance cover the doctor completely, but all of his prescriptions were free as well!
- Having an emergency fund. Unfortunately we don't have dental insurance so our emergency fund came in handy this past week when I needed to get a crown done.
- Having soooo many options for shopping. Some places (like where my friends live in Forks, WA) have a pretty limited number of places to shop and while I am not shopping nearly as much as I used to, the array of places to shop in Las Vegas is just huge...thousands and thousands of stores selling nearly everything you could ever want.
- The hubby. I am always grateful that I have a wonderful hubby.
- Educational TV--I love PBS!
- A very patient realtor...we are currently on offer #13.
- The library. Now that the hubby has realized that he can have a nearly endless supply of free movies from the library, he has been watching about four each night!
And finally, I was surprised to get a message from Pamela saying that she had given me a Liebster Blog Award. I've never won a blog award, or any other award for that matter, before so I was really surprised (in fact, I'm usually just surprised that people even read my blog at all!).
Here's the rules:
"The Liebster Blog Award is a great way to get traffic to blogs you like but that aren't widely known. The rules are simple:
And here's my five blog picks who I am awarding a Liebster to:
- Clamco. This nice lady was one of the first people to comment on my blog which was really encouraging. I find her blog fascinating because I don't know much about collectibles and she provides a bunch of information (and great pix!) about how to buy and sell collectibles on her wonderful blog.
- My 1/2 Dozen Daily. This nice lady (there are a lot of nice ladies in the blog world!) has a wonderful blog with lots of amazing pictures (she can sew AND take great pictures as well!) and I admire how she can take care of a big family and have a growing custom sewing business too (check out her creations in the 'custom order' page of her blog).
- Out My Window. This nice lady (I see a pattern here) has a great blog and she is SO busy--she takes care of her family, has a dance studio, puts on dance shows, sews costumes...wow makes me tired even reading her blog but it is a fun read so check it out!
- Shaking the Money Tree. Another nice lady blogger who has a fascinating life. I admire how she is pulling herself out of debt (check out her debt pay down updates--amazing!).
- Head Over Heels in Debt. Another lady blogger (I rest my case) who is working hard to get out of debt. So far she has paid down nearly $40,000(!!!) in debt. Wow!
It's great being part of such a wonderful blogging community. When everyone is focused on getting out of debt, ans sharing their ideas and experiences, we all win!