Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's Sunday and I am Grateful For...



  1. Warm weather, not hot.  Fortunately the weather has cooled off (mid 80s instead of high 90s) which makes spring in Las Vegas amazingly nice.
  2. Hubby's support towards reaching my goals.  I completed two more goals--walking the entire Las Vegas Strip from Sahara to Russell and back yesterday (8.4 miles) and visiting Springs Preserve today--and hubby did both of these goals with me.  I really appreciate his support and his cheering me on to reach these goals!
  3. The first watermelon of spring.  We saw our first watermelon in stores yesterday and I can't wait to have some.  I love watermelon and the first one of the season usually tastes pretty awesome.
  4. Serendipity.  Out of the blue we were able to buy a washer, dryer, and refrigerator/freezer from a cousin for a super cheap price because she wanted it out of her garage and we happened to need the appliances for our new house.  Serendipity rocks!
  5. Romance novels.  I have been positively devouring romance novels for the past few months.  They really are like candy for my brain!  (p.s. Here's my favorite authors).
  6. Having everything I need.  I honestly have everything I need at this point in my life, and in fact, I need very few things these days to be happy and content.  I am glad I got to this point in my life sooner rather than later.
  7. Being safe.  Living in a city, any city, but most of the news I hear daily is about Las Vegas, you hear  about A LOT of dangerous things.  Many of these things (murder, domestic violence, human trafficking, gang fights, et al) have a lot to do with your lifestyle and environment.  I am grateful to live in a very healthy, positive, and safe environment.
  8. Flowers.  I miss all of the living things--plants, trees, flowers, even soil--in the Pacific Northwest.  I am always happy, however, when I run across living, blooming flowers in Las Vegas.  Nice!
  9. Friends.  Whether I talk to them on the phone or meet them in person or receive an unexpected email from a friend, it reminds me yet again how grateful I am to have people that care about me.
  10. The fact that things always work out well in the end.  There are always difficulties and challenges popping up--some minor, some major, many annoying but fixable--but it always seems like things work out well in the end.
What are you grateful for this week?

1 comment:

  1. Re #3, I saw watermelons yesterday at the supermarket also! Re #7, I live in Northeast PA and we have all of those terrible things here, even gang violence in some area high schools. The news is horrendously horrible here lately. Re #8, it makes me sad to think you don't have those things out there, but it is the desert after all. I think I would miss trees and flowers too. I'm very grateful the trees are greening up here after a long dreary winter.

    ReplyDelete