- Yesterday I crashed a convention (kind of). Conveniently there was a Fire Rescue Med conference upstairs at the Orleans Casino where the hubby was playing poker so I walked up to the conference center and wandered around like I belonged there (just a few years ago I would have actually belonged there with a name tag and official registration and all). It looked a bit sparse compared to similar conferences I used to attend in Las Vegas but other than that, it looked surprisingly the same (break out sessions, a table full of snacks, a vendors area). I didn't sit in on any of the break out sessions but I did wander through the vendors area for a bit.
- Today we went to the First Friday Arts Walk which was really interesting (and had plenty of photo ops!).
And the bunch of other things...
- I thought this article was interesting.
- I gave myself a pedicure! My heels were really dry and rough but I didn't want to part with $30 to get a real pedicure so I went to Walmart and bought one of those "cheese grater" type foot sanders (it was only $1.85 at Walmart!). I then soaked my feet for a bit, lathered them up with soap, and grated away. Surprisingly my feet came out really nice and smooth (instead of looking like, well, a bloody mass like I kind of imagined they would). I then rubbed on some coconut oil on them and I have very happy feet now.
- Tomorrow I am going to do a Volksmarch. I used to walk with a couple of Seattle-area Volksmarch groups and I wanted to get involved with a group here so this is another goal on my list. I did find out, however, that this group doesn't walk in June, July, or August here in Vegas, probably because it is too hot.
- Great news! Our realtor called and said we finally got a signed contract for the house so I can go ahead and order the inspection and appraisal. Yeah!
- Finally, a rant. I swear, the people in Las Vegas are going to give me a heart attack or something. In addition to all of the people who can go from sweet to homicidal in the blink of an eye as soon as they hop into their cars, today we were driving down a busy road where traffic was going at least 50 miles per hour and not one, not two, but three people, on a bike, a skateboard, and a pair of rollerblades, thought they could jet across six lanes of fast moving traffic and somehow not get killed. Fortunately they didn't get killed but cars had to swerve or slam on their brakes to avoid all three people. Yikes!