Sunday, January 20, 2013

My Hiking Bag

We are off tomorrow for another day hike in Red Rock Canyon and I finally got my hiking bag put together (actually I put together two, one for me and one for hubby).  Here's a list of what's in it (much of it from the $1 store and from Walmart!):

  • Daypack
  • Bottle of water
  • Cell phone
  • Camera
  • Wallet
  • Keys
  • Makeup
  • Granola bar
  • Chocolate
  • $20 cash
  • $2 coins
  • Bandana
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunscreen
  • Whistle
  • Compass
  • Magnifying glass
  • Flashlight
  • Wet wipe
  • OB tampon
  • Tissue
  • Bandaids
  • Alcohol wipe
  • Hand lotion
  • Aspirin packet
  • Floss
  • Thumb drive
  • Spare memory card
  • Ziptie
  • Carabiner
  • Rubber band
  • Safety pin
  • Pocket knife
  • Multi tool
  • Matches
  • Lighter
  • Lip balm/vaseline
  • Ziploc bag
  • Pen
  • Paper
  • Emergency blanket
  • Paracord
  • Flourescent fabric strip
  • Jacket
  • Umbrella
  • Walking stick
Most of this stuff I will never use but in the off chance that we get lost in the mountains/desert, many of these emergency items will be worth their weight in gold!

2 comments:

  1. You will be well-prepared for emergencies! How much do they weigh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually weights maybe less than 3 or 4 pounds...everything is as miniturized as I could get it!

      Delete