- Remember when I said that you MUST write your goals down? Here is yet another example of how writing my goals down has serendipitously turned into another great opportunity: I have "go to a Cirque du Soleil show" on my annual goals list. I of course had no idea how we were going to do that since tickets for these popular shows in Las Vegas run $100+ per person but I put it on the list anyway because people rave about these shows. Fast forward to today when I turned the TV on this morning and lo and behold an advertisement came on for a special "Las Vegas locals" deal on Cirque tickets...$89 for two people! We will definitely be going :)
- Our tax refund landed in our bank account today, 15 days after I filed our taxes online. Wow that was fast! We still have no idea what we want to spend this money on so decided to just let it sit in savings until something comes up (unfortunately I think the next big purchase coming up will be a new transmission since it is acting kind of 'clunky' but hubby said it isn't that bad that we need to replace it...yet). Anyway, I am just happy to have an extra bit of financial cushion and I am amazed at how quickly our refund came in.
- I was SOOOO tempted to apply for a credit card today. It seems like for the past month or so I have been getting credit card offers in my email box and these offers always seem to include something like 35,000 air miles for applying. I LOVE air miles and I love to travel but every time I think of applying for a credit card I chicken out. It is really very tempting but I don't want to get a card when I don't even have a job. It would be nice for the air miles, of course, and it would also be nice to have some form of credit but every time I even consider applying for a credit card I hear Dave Ramsey's voice in my head saying NOOOOOOO. So I deleted the email and will have to do without the air miles :(
- Everyone has received copies of my book that I mailed out last week and they are raving about it (I think people are just happy to get a free surprise in the mail). So I asked them to please write a review for the book and hopefully that will help improve sales.
- Gas prices have risen astronomically in the past couple of weeks. Last month we were at $2.89 per gallon and today the price is $3.50 per gallon and that is a shockingly quick rise in prices. Ugh.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I would definitely send all of you folks in the northern climes some of our wonderful Vegas sunshine if I could!