Yesterday I knocked two more goals off of my annual goal list!
- First, I went ice skating. While I can still skate even though it's been years, I kept praying that I didn't crash and break anything because I have a marathon to walk next month! So I skated for a bit and realized that I like roller skating better.
- Then we went to a concert. A rock concert. Actually it was a six hour rock festival but we came in at the half way point and were there for about three hours. We saw Skid Row, Night Ranger (photo above), and Vince Neil. I haven't been to a rock concert in like 30 years, here are the differences I noticed: then--the audience was full of screaming teenagers, including me. Now, the audience was full of screaming middle-agers, including me. Then, the music was loud, the louder the better. Now, the music was deafening; I really hope my hearing goes back to normal! Then, the rockers on stage were older, like in their 20s and 30s. Now, the rockers are still older, like in their 50s and 60s. Overall it was an interesting experience but one I am not likely to repeat because I can hardly hear anything this morning and I value my hearing more than a rocking good time :)
In other goal news:
- I am still trying to work in a trip to San Francisco when we go to LA.
- The family reunion is set up and everyone is excited to attend.
- We have everything set for our trip to Victoria where I will walk a marathon.
- My box of school supplies for the Philippines is half full.
- I have been doing a ton of genealogy research and have a couple of lines back to ten generations already.
- I deleted the book I was working on because it just wasn't coming together but as I was sailing around the skating rink yesterday I had a flash of inspiration so I am starting on a new book today.
- I still haven't heard back about working at the WSOP but I hope they call me!
- I put off getting my concealed carry license because of the expense and the fact that I would rarely, if ever, carry concealed in Las Vegas because we are in casinos nearly every day and of course you can't carry concealed in casinos.
And in other news:
- Allergy season is upon me. Not as bad as when we were in Georgia but still. Ugh.
- I haven't been able to comment on Carla's blog in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to figure out why.
- Right in the midst of wondering where my next bit of income was coming from, I got calls from two friends about doing some work for them yesterday (mostly website stuff). Yeah!
Have a wonderful weekend!