- The weather. It was 109 degrees yesterday and supposed to be about the same today. Yikes that is hot!
- I am wondering if Republic cell phone service would work for us (it's a prepaid cell plan where the price is $19.99 a month for unlimited talk, text, and internet!).
- We also need to experiment with Xoom. Currently we use hubby's bank card to send money to his son in the Philippines each month but it will expire soon and we won't be going there to deliver him another card in the foreseeable future plus the bank card fees are getting higher so we may try this service which charges only $4.99 to send up to $2999.
- I keep getting credit card offers where if you sign up you get a whole bunch of free air miles. I am tempted to get one but on the other hand, I still think cash is better than using credit, and (most important), I don't even have a steady job so it would be craziness to use a credit card when I don't have a steady source of income coming in to pay the bill.
- It's my day off! I think I shall celebrate with a Baskin Robbins Blast :)
- I started (yet another) blog which you can find here. I like Tumblr (then love it, then am annoyed with it, then hate it, then delete my account...repeatedly) so I thought I would try Tumblr yet again. We'll see how long this lasts.
- I'm loving my new job. Yesterday went perfectly, my money balanced perfectly, and I processed hundreds and hundreds of tournament entries which made the day go by super fast. Also, I asked the supervisor if they could just leave me in the cage (department) I am in now instead of moving me to different areas each day and she said no problem. I am so much in the zone when I am working in this particular department that it is almost zen-like!
- I saw this article on car insurance which reminded me that I usually go through our bills once or twice a year to see if there are any ways to lower them. I need to get around to doing that.
- We also need to go to the county tax office and get a rebate card for hubby to use on our upcoming car registration. If you are a veteran in Las Vegas (and other cities as well) you can get a waiver on paying the annual registration fee on your car and/or property tax.
- Hubby has been diligently using his new treadmill for at least one hour every day. Yeah hubby!
Tuesday, June 4, 2013
10 Things on My Mind Today
In no particular order: