Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Non-Update Update

I haven't written anything here for days because I have been working.  Which means there is basically nothing to report because I wake up, eat breakfast, get ready for work, go to work (which is going along great), come home, eat dinner, chill, then go to sleep.  This "normal" life is boring!

Also boring: the hubby and I were discussing what I was going to do with my first big paycheck.  A shopping spree?  A cruise (I had been planning on this)?  A new smartphone for hubby (I wanted to do this too)?  And the conclusion...its's going into our emergency fund which has been nearly empty since we moved into our new house (we spent most of the money from our emergency fund when we moved into our new house on new furniture, decor, clothes hanger, pots and pans, etc. and it never really got replenished).  So instead of something fun and fancy, we will be practical and boring and get the emergency fund back up to where it should be.  Yes being frugal can be not so much fun (especially when the alternative is gleefully spending money with abandon) but having the emergency fund set will be a really positive step for our financial future.

1 comment: