It's been a busy day today. Fortunately, I am all caught up on my cleaning and laundry which gave me a lot of free time to check other things off of my "to do" list today. Here's five random ways we saved money today.
- We were at our local post office which is located in a 7/11 store when the girl serving us told us that it was free Slurpie day. I was already planning to go to B & R for a Blast but hubby took advantage of the free offer and got a free pina colada slurpie.
- Next we went to Baskin Robbins and I used a $1 off coupon for my Blast (these coupons come out on the receipt from previous purchases so I hold onto them until my next visit). I also got a punch on my "frequent visitor" card so my next B & R Blast will be free.
- I am jumping back into my genealogy research and re-wrote the list of vital records that I need. I found that I need a couple of birth records from Michigan but the state office of vital records charges $26 (!!) for each record. So I went to the website for the county that I need the records from and found that they only charge $15 per copy for birth records (saving me $11 on each record I need!).
- I paid a couple of our utility bills online today, saving the cost of mailing or going to the local offices to pay.
- I had a little bit of money left over from my last paycheck and wanted a new purse so we went to the outlet mall. I checked the Coach store but didn't find any purses that caught my eye (which was good because I really didn't want to spend $150 for a purse). I then went to the Kipling store and while they had a couple of cute purses, I still didn't want to spend $60 on a purse. Then, we went to Ross so hubby could look for a pair of shoes and I found a super cute Kipling purse on sale for $29.95. I grabbed it. That's it in the picture above.