Thursday, September 26, 2013

Update (Since I Haven't Blogged In About a Week)

I didn't realize it has been a week(!) since I last blogged.  I guess it has been pretty busy around here!  Here's a quick update:

  • The BIL made it down, across, and up the Grand Canyon and had a wonderful time (although he said the 4500 feet straight up the canyon wall nearly did him in!).
  • I have been swamped with work.  My friend said she had a few small projects for me to do which has turned into about five or six hours of work a day (but I am SO not complaining, I'll take any work I can get).  
  • The BIL left today to go back to Georgia.  He has been here since early May and figured it was time to head home.  We hardly even knew he was here and think he may be back in a few months if/when he gets his house rented out in Atlanta (no one lives there, he works construction jobs everywhere BUT Atlanta, and his wife lives in Florida so having a 5000 sf house to hang around in would be lonely).
  • We cleaned up and reorganized our entire garage in one day.  Exhausting.  Not quite enough stuff for a garage sale but I will definitely put a few things on Craigslist.
  • We have been socially busy as well--bingo, bowling, a hike, two concerts, more bowling, club meetings, etc.
  • The weather is SOOOO nice in Las Vegas.  It is 75 degrees today which actually feels kind of cold!
  • The book I have been working on for ages?  It just didn't seem to gel so I started working on another book.  Hopefully one of these days both will be ready to be published!
  • I had ice cream for breakfast today.
  • Oh, and I think I am careening towards menopause :/

2 comments: