Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 13 No Spend November

Well we had to spend money sometime...we were running out of food!  Total spent yesterday was $14.08.  Fortunately we have a lot of meat in the freezer so mostly we are buying the stuff we eat the fastest (milk, bread, eggs, produce).  Yesterday we spent $1 on a hotdog at the bowling alley (hubby forgot lunch again!) and the rest at the 99 cent store where we bought:

  • 3 lbs apples
  • 2 cucumbers
  • bottle of ketchup
  • Lay's potato chips
  • bag of green onions
  • bag of jalapenos
  • loaf of bread
  • 6 tomatoes
  • 2 lbs tangerines
  • quart of milk
  • 6 pack of mini butterfingers
  • 30 tortillas
  • 4pk lightbulbs
I could make the tortillas from scratch for less but I am rather lazy and make rather wonky looking tortillas and I could have done without the junk food (kind of, I am partial to junk food) but the rest was pretty necessary.

And three more things:
  • I am still wondering if I should get a credit card.  I don't really need one but there may be a time in the future when I need credit (although we already own a house and if I ever get another car I really want to pay cash for it).
  • My niece had her first baby yesterday after 30+ hours of labor and finally a c-section.  Poor girl--that was a marathon birthing process but the baby came out cute and healthy and she is ecstatic.  My nephew (her brother) "live blogged" the event on Facebook which was something new for me (I think I like the old fashioned way of going into the hospital and coming out with a baby minus every excruciating detail).
  • Also, I am a MMM fan and thought this was an inspiring article.

No comments:

Post a Comment