Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Spent A LOT of Money Today

Like I said yesterday, our "no spend" month kind of fizzled out...  I went to Best Buy and found a floor model side-by-side refrigerator that would be perfect for us.  Fortunately the price was dropped from $1099 to $699 and it will be delivered for free.  And since I was spending money with abandon, I decided to pick up a couple of TVs that were on sale as well.  I was thisclose to buying a new washer and dryer set but they wouldn't give me a better price (since I was buying so much at Best Buy I wanted even more of a discount but they wouldn't give me a discount so I just got the fridge).  I used my (quickly unfrozen) credit card for these purchases so I can get some additional cash back; I figure I will pay this off with my earnings from this month and next month before I get a new washer and dryer (since our washer and dryer are old, I was pretty amazed at all of the new bells and whistles on new machines).  Ughhh  I am so done with spending money.

Daily update
  • Walk: 2 miles (921 miles to go!)
  • No spend: Total spent today $1299.68.  $45.95 for gas, $18.39 at Ross (shower curtain and ear buds to listen to music when I walk), Target $432.38 (2 32" TVs for the guest rooms), $759.68 at Best Buy for a refrigerator, $1.67 for a donut at Dunkin Donuts (expensive!), and $30.80 at Albertsons (2 lbs pasta, 2 jars pasta sauce, potato chips, 2 cans tomatoes, 18 eggs, 1 lb pork, 4 lbs chicken, bundle of chard, 2 lbs strawberries, 1 lb turkey, 1 loaf French bread). I almost forgot, we had Subway for lunch--$10.81.
  • Update this blog: yep
  • Update client's blog: no, I will do a post tomorrow because we were so busy today
  • Photo: yep
  • Genealogy: a bit of research on one person 
  • Writing: a couple of paragraphs

6 comments:

  1. Funny, after all those big purchases, I am left thinking "$1.67 for a doughnut?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shocked too. At the grocery store bakery donuts are like 75 cents each!

      Delete
  2. A good fridge is an investment. The TVs, not so much, but I understand you wanting to make your house guests more comfortable. $1.67 for a donut at DD? Did it have gold plated sprinkles? lol! Using a credit card? Not the end of the world, but you may have to change the title of your blog if you make it a habit. ;-)
    I actually started using one credit card just for gas and groceries to help me keep a handle on how much we actually spend each month and it's a lot more than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have a cash back credit card, I figured if I save it for big purchases I can save additional money (but I would hate to change the name of the blog!). And I was surprised at how much donuts were at DD as I hadnt been there in ages.

      Delete
  3. So we got a little best buy crazy? Isn't it funny how when you let go, you feel like you can really let go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did get a little crazy and we did let go. Im trying to reel myself back in now (well at least until next month when I hunt down a new washer and dryer). eekkk

      Delete