Friday, August 24, 2018

Today I Am Concerned About...Tariffs

As if we need anything else to worry about, but I keep seeing article after article about the impact tariffs will have on the average American.  To date, I don't think I have been impacted by the recently imposed tariffs (by both our government and foreign governments in retaliation), but there have been a lot of articles about how many American businesses have been impacted including Joann Fabrics, farmers, and even soft drinks.

There has been some research about how these tariffs will impact the average person, and lots of news articles on the topic, but I think so far there isn't enough factual data yet to make a determination about the actual financial impact it will have on us.  I suppose if things get really bad we will go the no spend/only buy food route.

On an unrelated note, RIP Robin Leach.  I'd met him a few times as he was a friend of a friend here in Las Vegas, and each time I talked to him it was kind of surreal because I remembered watching him on TV when I was a kid on his 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' show.  You meet the most interesting people here in Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment