- Get a bidet. This saves on the cost of toilet paper but in my mind it seems a bit extreme (although many people swear by them). My friends in Japan all had bidets in their bathrooms but I was afraid to try them thinking I would press the wrong button and cause a huge water fountain in their bathrooms or something. eeekkk
- Use a Diva Cup. Can you imagine never having to pay for feminine hygiene supplies again? Apparently menstrual cups are a one-time purchase and last for years. We saw one in the store and I explained to hubby how they work and he was rather horrified but many people swear by them.
- Stop washing your hair. This is a recently trendy thing but some people rave about the effects of not washing their hair. I can only imagine the icky mess my hair would become but YMMV.
- Stop eating (kind of). Intermittent fasting is another hot trend. It will obviously save you money on food and it is also supposed to improve your health.
- Take cold showers. Even the thought of that gives me the shivers (I like my showers blasting hot) but this is a good way to save money on hot water and it is supposed to be good for your health too!
Thursday, November 15, 2018
5 (Drastic?) Ways To Save Money on Personal Hygiene
I've read about these things on other websites. Apparently they are great--if a bit drastic--ways to save money. So while I haven't actually tried these things myself I will toss them out there for your consideration...