In no particular order...
- The first order of business this morning was to do a 12k walk along the north Las Vegas Strip (see photo above) with my walking group. The weather was perfect!
- I will be filing our taxes this weekend since I've finally received all of our W2s and 1099s. I'm using Taxslayer because it is cheaper ($17) than the H & R Block tax filing service that I was using before ($39).
- I got an email from my boss at the World Series of Poker telling us the job posting for the gig that I do each summer will be online this weekend so I will be applying as soon as the application is up.
- We will, of course, be watching the Super Bowl. We aren't big football fans--I'm more of a fan of people not enduring traumatic brain injuries for the entertainment of the masses--but hubby likes to watch the Super Bowl each year so that will be the activity of the day tomorrow.
- My birthday is coming up in a couple of months so I will go through this list and sign up for some freebies we might use.
- I'm going to check into this interesting opportunity to earn some side money--narrating audio books.
- We bought some more items for our balikbayan box which we will send to family in the Philippines so hubby will finish packing and taping up the box then we can send it this week. We used to haul these super heavy boxes to the store that ships these boxes but then we found out they will pick it up for $5 so we opt to spend a little extra to avoid the hassle of schlepping the box to the store.
- I saw a post about Altspace VR which looks interesting so I will check it out if I have time this weekend. It's supposed to be some sort of virtual reality space where you can take online classes, do online gaming, and otherwise use virtual reality to do stuff with other people. Fascinating!
- While we are watching football I will be sorting through our emergency/disaster supplies and gear. First, I like to multi task, and second, when hubby cleaned out his van before he sold it, we realized he hadn't looked at the emergency supplies in the van for nearly a decade! Yikes!
- Then there is the usual stuff like house cleaning, laundry, washing the bedding, cleaning out the pantry and fridge, etc...
Have a great weekend!