- For the really frugal among us, this post talks about living without a sim card and cell phone bill (note that cell phones can be used to call 911 even if they don't have a sim card in them).
- This was a very informative link about how Social Security works shared by a reader.
- Don't forget that your kids can try ice hockey for free next week.
- NASA will soon be accepting applications for their astronauts corps (sounds like fun but they would take one look at my science scores and laugh me out of the building!).
- Also, Gerber is looking for its next spokesbaby.
- My retirement plan so far...to be like this lady when I grow up!
- And if you are feeling broker than usual, even though you are earning the same as before, this may be why.
- For those of you looking for a cheaper option for dental work, prescriptions, and eyeglasses, consider Mexico!
- Our taxes are all done and our wedding was decades ago, but apparently there are several tax breaks people can get for their weddings (who knew?).
- Finally, here are some frugal habits of the rich and famous--we do most of these things...still aren't rich and famous though :)
Friday, February 14, 2020
Happy Valentine's Day! And 10 Useful Links
First of all, Happy Valentine's Day to you all! We did our usual--hubby made me a very sweet card as he does for all holidays/birthdays/anniversaries--and we went out for lunch for the holiday yesterday (I'm not a fan of crowded restaurants like what happens on Valentine's Day so we usually have lunch out the day before or the day after the holiday!). Also, here are some useful/interesting links you might like...