Still not much happening around here but just a quick catch up...
- First of all, it is way too early to even start thinking about Christmas but apparently retailers don't feel the same way. In every major store we go to (this is Costco), they have Christmas stuff out. What about Halloween? What about Thanksgiving? ayayay
- And of course it is still smoky here in Las Vegas. California still has a lot of wildfires going on so the smoke rolls over this way. Did I mention it has been nearly 160 days and we haven't had a single drop of rain? Another ayayay
- But that hasn't stopped the pools in Las Vegas from being open.
- We are still stockpiling things in case there is another shutdown this fall/winter. It may be a bad flu season along with the pandemic so we never know what could happen. We are generally pretty well stocked up on food and supplies anyway but every time we go to a store we add a little extra to our basket "just in case".
- Five things I've decided I don't like since the pandemic: being around a lot of people (I'd so much rather stay home than go out anywhere), politics (this political season is the worst in my memory!), going to restaurants (for some reason the service and food seem pretty bad and the prices have increased...I'd rather cook at home!), wearing clothes (I mean, I do wear clothes but seldom "dress up"...I think I have gone to DefCon 4 of laziness!), and spending money (I go into stores or look at deals online and still can't find a single thing I want to buy). I wonder if these changes will be permanent?