It looks like we are headed towards pandemic lockdown version 2.0 soon. Our governor asked everyone to stay home for a couple weeks but everyone is still out and about so if our covid numbers keep spiking there is talk that most businesses will be shut down again...yikes! We are pretty much stocked up on everything but we ran out to Walmart this morning to pick up a few things for our Thanksgiving dinner for two and we saw that the ammo (first shelf) was nearly all gone and the toilet paper aisle (second picture) only had a couple packages of toilet paper left. I think we will avoid Costco and Sam's Club because I heard both places have been packed with people for the last few days. In other news...here are a bunch of interesting links...
- We have a lot of mining activity in Nevada but I had never heard of mining for denim before!
- I just found out I am a taphophile! I love photographing cemeteries and helping people research old gravestones like on Find A Grave.
- This looks like an interesting app for free podcasts although I haven't had time to try it yet.
- I used to love looking through Sears and Montgomery Ward catalogs when I was a kid; here's some interesting facts about those old catalogs.
- Also, I hadn't heard much about Romney Travelers in ages but here is an interesting story about them.
- Finally, here is some interesting info about how the pandemic has impacted businesses.