Actually it isn't looking that much like Thanksgiving here since we have warm sunny weather every single day. It's much easier to get into the spirit of the season when it is cold and blustery outside! But people do seem to be getting ready for the holiday, tourists are trickling into Las Vegas, and we are geared up for a nice Thanksgiving dinner for two on Thursday. In other news...
- I was looking for makeup at Target the other day and I do this so rarely that I was pretty surprised that even basic makeup like eyeliner and eye shadow prices are now around $8 to $10 each! Yikes that's expensive! So when we were at TJ Maxx I wandered over to their makeup aisle (something I never do) and was surprised to see that they have a lot of name-brand makeup for under $5 each (the two items I bought in the picture above were $3.99 each). Now I know where to buy my makeup in the future!
- For cat lovers, here are some funny pictures.
- This is kind of not for the squeamish, but a mother taught her four year old how to perform a C-section surgery using Playdoh. Yes, really. Kind of ick but also kind of fascinating. Apparently this lady has a whole YouTube channel doing such things.
- Did you know that Wikipedia has a continually updated current events portal to tell you what is happening around the world? I didn't either until a couple days ago.
- I am fascinated by urban exploring, I particularly like it when other people go into creepy places (instead of myself doing this!) and return with pictures and a story.
- This lady did a video showing how she made a Thanksgiving dinner for four for under $25. We got everything for our dinner for about half that cost; I will be blogging about how we did an even cheaper Thanksgiving dinner in the next couple days!