I was very happy and relieved to watch the inauguration this morning! It now seems like we have an adult in the White House and hopefully everyone can now focus on things like health and prosperity instead of being so hateful towards each other. It's nice to see that democracy worked!
And five random things...
- It looks like we might get rain this week which is really exciting considering we have got very little rain over the past year.
- The Mega Millions lottery is nearly a billion dollars! We never buy lottery tickets (we don't have lottery in Nevada and would have to drive to California to buy tickets if we wanted them) but I know several people who are in the "buy and hope" group every week. I really think I would be happier with my regular life than I would be if we won a billion dollars!
- I had hubby cut my hair yesterday. I generally alternate one hair cut at Great Clips then the next hubby does then back to Great Clips. It saves money and hubby actually does a pretty good job with my hair. I color it with a $6 box of color which saves me a whole bunch of money (the first time I had it professionally colored it cost $180 dollars!).
- Covid is still a big thing here. We have had several friends get the vaccine and many more getting appointments to do so. We are still waiting to get a notice from the military medical system about vaccine availability; hubby would be a higher priority and I would be a lower priority but I am in no hurry and would like to see some real data on the vaccine first but who knows when that will be available.
- Hubby's birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I have no idea what we will do to celebrate. Usually I get a big cake from Costco and bring it to his bowling league but #1, Costco no longer sells big cakes, and #2, hubby doesn't have bowling on his birthday so we will have to come up with another way to celebrate his "big 72" birthday.