Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Apparently I Now Have a Full-Time Job

I haven't worked in ages.  I have been in full retirement mode for several years and rather enjoy it.  After my friend passed away unexpectedly, her executive board contacted me and asked if I would work for them through a transition period of indeterminate length.  So today was my first day of full time work in longer than I can remember.  Fortunately I can work from home since I am a few states away from their main office, unfortunately I forgot how draining it can be to use my brain for hours on end!

So now I am pouring over contracts, deliverables, and a mass of policies and paperwork to figure out which end is up (she had done this work for so many years that much of it was "in her head" eeekkk).  Needless to say, I am putting together a continuity plan with all of the info someone would need to take over in an emergency.  I also need to level up my online meeting game (I need lighting!  And better make up! ayayay).  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, and think it's great you're helping out. Here's hoping you are able to make it through, get plenty of rest, and treat it like a brief foray back into the working world - that will make you enjoy retirement that much more.

    ReplyDelete