Thursday, September 14, 2023

I'm Still Here

I can't believe it's been so many days since I posted but with so much working, the days are flying by in a blur!

  • The feral cats are still here, although they are no more friendly towards me than they were before.  I have no idea why they will sit and stare at me for hours while I work...weird.
  • Our sunrises are beautiful (see above)!
  • The weather is finally cooling off (thank God!).
  • Bowling season is in full swing.  Hubby bowls and I just bring my laptop and work while I watch him.
  • We replaced our old mattress.  The new one is ultra firm because I would rather sleep on the floor than a squishy mattress.  Also, hubby and I both noticed we are less achy when we wake up with this new mattress compared to the old mattress.
  • I gave away our old mattress for free on Craigslist and it was scooped up within an hour of posting.  I couldn't believe two elderly ladies showed up to get it so I had to help them load it on top of their van then I had to give them rope and tie it down because their plan was to just hold on to the mattress while they drove home which was on the other side of the city!?! ayayay
  • Work is still great.  The Board voted on my salary and benefits package and during the meeting they gave me a bit higher salary than I asked for.  I was completely (but happily) surprised!
  • The office politics are creeping in though.  Even though I work from home, I still have to deal with a lot of big (and sometimes cranky) personalities.  I am terrible at office politics.  My friend who had this job previously could maneuver around anyone in any situation (including bulldozing right over them if they were particularly problematic).  Hubby's advice as I am flailing about pointing at a cranky email from someone is to leave the email on read and not answer them back until tomorrow (which is sound advice and probably saved me from being fired this week!).
  • Finally, here is an interesting way to send your name into space with NASA.

2 comments:

  1. I am sleeping on a squishy mattress. Tommy will buy a new one, but I have not felt up to going out. I hate a soft mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying your job. Office politics are rough aren't they? Waiting a bit to respond is always a good idea. Funny about the ladies that showed up to get the mattress. Can you just imagine the two of them trying to hold on to it while driving home? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete