Saturday, December 16, 2023

Inching Towards Christmas

I can't believe how fast this year has gone by!  Four deaths, one new career-track job (that I was in no way planning on), a bunch of feral cats, making new friends...it's been an eventful year to say the least.  Christmas is just around the corner then the new year is just around the corner from that.  Wow!  Here are some random things from the past week or so...

...we have five Christmas parties to attend this week.  Being mostly an introvert, that is 4.5 parties too many.

...the cats are still around and still watching our every move.

...but when we step into "their space", they flee to the safety of the other side of the fence...and continue watching us.

...then hubby saw that the house he made them barely fit two cats so one cat was always left out in the cold so he built them a new cat condo this morning.

...finally, our lemons are almost ripe!



8 comments:

  1. It must be nice to have free fresh lemons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see how much they cost in the stores and they are so very expensive!

      Delete
  2. I love that the cats are around, but just for viewing purposes. :-) I'm sort of a mix between introvert & extrovert, but I can handle maybe one social event per week. We went to a fabulous holiday party yesterday, and I'm so glad I pushed us to go. Great company, food, & so fun to meet lovely new people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to see your blog post today--you have had an amazing year of travel and cool adventures!

      Delete
  3. Aww, sweet kitties! I love the kitty box! There's an idea! Hope you enjoy your parties this week!

    ReplyDelete