Tuesday, December 19, 2023

15 Things From This Week


In no particular order...
  1. I went to get my usual Baskin Robbins Blast drink today and was surprised when the girl who always waits on me gave me a Christmas gift (see photo above).  So nice and so unexpected!
  2. Party #1 went well.  We had a nice dinner at a restaurant with my walking group and it was great to see so many walking club members, some I haven't seen in nearly a year!
  3. Party #2 was also wonderful.  My nephew and his wife hosted a Christmas party/baby shower for their soon to be baby at a swanky restaurant on the Las Vegas Strip.  The food was great, the service was excellent, and the baby shower games were fun too!
  4. Party #3 was nice; our friend hosted a big house party with lots of food (Chilean sea bass is a yummy fish!), lots of friends, and lots of chit chat and camaraderie by all.
  5. Two more parties and we will be done for the season!
  6. A half dozen of hubby's siblings/spouses will fly in after Christmas to spend the new year with us so I am busy planning food and activities for everyone.
  7. At one of the parties, I was talking to a vet about our feral cats.  He said don't feed them, don't pet them, and don't play with them.  I can't not feed them--they always look so hungry.  But his warning about the rare possibility of rabies from unvaccinated feral cats and cat scratch fever kind of eekked me out.  Yikes!
  8. Work is still wonderful but getting very quiet as most people who would be emailing or calling me for things head out for the holidays.
  9. This guy kind of summed up my opinion of shopping these past several months...
  10. Although I have to say I absolutely love shopping at the Goodwill.  On sale day this week I got three nice pairs of jeans for $1 each!
  11. On the other hand, I was shopping at Ross today and the cashier asked if I was in the 55+ Club.  Apparently if you are over 55 you get a 10% discount on Tuesdays.  OTOH, apparently, I look over 55 :( :( :( :(
  12. Obviously I need to get myself together in the upcoming year (ie: more exercise, better eating habits, better make up? a facelift???  :/ ).
  13. There are still so many things I want to do by the end of the year: go through my closet and get rid of all clothes I don't absolutely love, thoroughly clean the kitchen, etc.
  14. And while I am terrible at math, I found these advanced calculations quite fascinating.
  15. Finally, I found this list of frugal hacks quite useful.

4 comments:

  1. Unexpected gifts are the best! I'm feeling ever so old these days. On your #11/12 - My hair is thinning at a rapid pace (genetic, my mom lost almost all of her hair before 50) & it's freaking out more than I'd like to admit!

    ReplyDelete