Sunday, December 31, 2023

New Year's Eve!

Happy New Year's Eve!  I've given up on new year's resolutions because they usually fail within the first week or so.  For this new year, I will just hope to do better in all areas over last year--more exercise, better diet, more activities, less spending..the usual.

We were in downtown Las Vegas this afternoon and it was already getting crowded.  The SIL graciously got us a hotel room so we could "enjoy the festive atmosphere" with them but I had her cancel it because once we've done New Year's Eve Las Vegas-style (which we did the first year we lived here) we pretty much never want to be around that many loud, drunk people ever again!

So now we are home and will enjoy the Las Vegas festivities via TV from the comfort of our sofa!  I hope you all have a safe and enjoyable New Year's Eve!

8 comments:

  1. I am not about to try to handle festivities, even tame ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. I not nearly as big on crowds as I used to be.

      Delete
  2. I can only imagine how wild a New Year's Eve in Las Vegas must be! Haha! We spent it quietly here at home, which was just fine by me. I'm also kind of "meh" on the goals this year, too. I just can't get myself in the right frame of mind for that yet. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to the Las Vegas for New Years the first year we lived here. There were 249999 people too many there! Never again!

      Delete