Friday, March 22, 2024

10 Things From This Week

It's been a busy week...

  1. Hubby took the last lemon off the tree and boy was it a big one!  It's about four times bigger than the other lemons we got from the tree.
  2. The cat had kittens.  We don't know where she hid them or how many there are but she was huge and antsy one day and the next morning she came by the eat and was much, much thinner than the day before.  Hopefully she will bring them by when they are bigger.
  3. The Princess Kate mystery is solved.  What a PR nightmare this whole situation was (better to say nothing then tell a lie then try to cover that lie up with additional lies!).  At least now people will give her as much time as she needs to take care of herself without wild theories being bandied about.  Such a sad thing for her and her family to face :(
  4. I got my first performance review at work and apparently all of the Board members had nice things to say.  Since I have always worked for myself, I had never had a performance review before so it was very nice reading about what people think about me (whether I am dealing with state officials, or the very youngest and newest people in our organization, my goal is to make their workloads easier and apparently it is paying off!).  I can't believe I have been working this job for nearly a year--time flies!
  5. Here are some good tips for computer users (I do nearly all of these things and so far, so good!).
  6. The weather in Las Vegas is perfect now.  While last week was cold and raining, this week it is mid 70s with a slight breeze...wonderful!
  7. On the flip side my allergies are kicking up something awful.  Spring is definitely here and I go through a box of Kleenex every few days :(
  8. For skywatchers, this looks like a not-to-be-missed event!
  9. This may be the most depressing subreddit page I've seen (well, aside from r/teachers and r/nursing).  Eekkk
  10. Coming up next week...Holy Week!


7 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a big lemon! Hope kitty will bring her babies by soon. One of our strays gave birth almost two weeks ago. She had four, but only three survived. She has moved them, so I hope they are doing ok. Congratulations on a great performance review! I know hearing those good things made your heart feel good. I'm watching this video on computer best practices and I need to do a major organizational clean-up on mine! Great reminder! I was saddened by Catherine's news. I do pray she will be ok. I was cracking up at that subreddit. I'm actually subscribed to that one. I also used to belong to the teachers one when I was working, and yes, mucho depressing! I unsubbed when I left my job at the school. The state of public education is just a nightmare. I couldn't continue to read it anymore. I like Redditt in small doses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quit reddit altogether because it was so toxic. Now I just read some of the subs occasionally instead of getting into flamewars with strangers--it's much less stressful that way!

      Delete
    2. Yes, same. I just read. I very rarely comment, and when I do, it's usually on a harmless Gen X "remember this from our childhood?" post. It has certainly reminded me that it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. haha!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on an awesome performance review! So happy they know & appreciate your awesomeness. :-) - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. #5--now I need to figure out how to do all this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of tips but I try to do them just to be safe and secure with everything I do online (I've heard some horror stories of people having their identity stolen and it sounds like a big mess so I am trying to avoid that!).

      Delete