Thursday, July 18, 2024

Life is Weird

It's been a busy week around here!

  • On a happy note, we are into monsoon season now which included a huge rain/thunderstorm this afternoon.  I love it!
  • The Trump assassination attempt was absolutely bizarre.  The Secret Service can't possibly be that inept and at this point, the conspiracy theories sound more logical than the official narrative.
  • The cats are happy to be inside during the heat of the day but I think I am allergic to them.  We have never had animals in the house (all of our cats and dogs had been outdoor pets like barn cats and large dogs that stayed outside) so I didn't know about this allergy until now.  And they have fleas. Ick.  I will try to stay away from them until the weather cools off and we can relegate them to being outside 24/7.
  • The female cat is in heat again so there are all kinds of mangy tom cats hanging around.  While the female cat will come into our house when it is super hot outside, she is extremely skittish and will bolt out the door if we step foot in the kitchen.  We really need to trap her somehow and get her fixed but the organization that does that in our city has been so overwhelmed with requests that they don't even return calls or emails now.
  • I was strong and resisted buying anything on Amazon Prime Day.  There is nothing that we needed so it was better to just save our money.
  • I was shopping today and a guy that was walking close behind me when I was walking from one end of the outdoor shopping center to the other was chased out by security when I went into a store.  It was so strange but the security guy said the homeless-looking guy that was behind me had been banned from every store in the shopping center because he always steals and causes problems for the store staff.  I think I need to pay more attention to my safety when I walk! eeekkk 

2 comments:

  1. Fleas will spread to the whole house--carpets, upholstered furniture, everything. It can take many months. You will have fleas that lay eggs that will not hatch immediately. I had fleas that would hop onto my chair, move up the upholstered furniture and bite me. It drove my crazy because I was also allergic or extra-sensitive to their bites. There is one flea spray that claim to kill flea eggs. Use it and vacuum afterwards. I can feel a flea jump on me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeeeeekkkkk I would love to keep the cats outside but it is supposed to be 115-120 degree over the next couple weeks and I don't want them to die from heatstroke! What a conundrum!

      Delete