Saturday, July 27, 2024

Some Good Things, Some Not So Good Things

Good: beautiful sunsets! 

Not so good: these beautiful sunsets are caused by particulates in the air heading into Las Vegas from the wildfires in California.

Good: we are enjoying a quiet weekend at home in our nicely air-conditioned house.

Not so good: A LOT of people have been trapped on the freeway between Las Vegas and California for a couple days because there was a major wreck on the freeway that shut down all lanes and there are very few alternate roads that can be used through this section of the desert. Yikes!

Good: the Opening Ceremonies for the Olympics was AMAZING!  It was the best I can ever recall seeing!

Not so good: politics.  Our next presidential election will be a shitshow, no matter what side you are on as all of our political candidates are awful!

Good: my job is still going great!  I love it!  Also, here is a list of cool jobs other people love doing.

Also good: these cute pictures.

And not so good: all of these things that I remember being way better "back in the good old days".



8 comments:

  1. The cross-dressing Last Supper didn’t bother you? I will never turn the Olympics on again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artists mock everything, I don't take it personally. I think having all of the competitors come down the Siene in boats and the overall festivities of it were great. Also, I would never not watch Olympians compete because of decisions about the event which were totally out of their control. I'm way more offended that a trans boxer was allowed to compete against females and that a convicted pedophile was also allowed to compete...but that's just my opinion.

      Delete
  2. Wow! I had not heard about those poor people trapped on the freeway! Yikes! Glad you be had an enjoyable weekend! We stayed in and stayed cool, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more month of summer...I'm counting down the days!

      Delete
  3. I was surprised at your 'amazing' description of such a mean, hateful, hurtful, insensitive opening. People all over the world were (and are) disgusted by it. To purposefully mock and brandish hate against Christians by re-enacting the Last Supper in such a blatant display of hate... rubbish. That opening ceremony had nothing to do with the Olympics or bringing the world together. It was simply a sex-on-display drag show and contributed absolutely nothing to the Olympics. JMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The opening reminded me of a Cirque du Soleil show--I may or may not agree with everything the artists do but I don't take their expressions personally. I was actually more shocked by the headless people display than the weird Last Supper thing. The arts tend to mock everyone and everything

      Delete
  4. I'm very excited about my candidate for president and I hope the election is a landslide victory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last candidate I was excited about was Ron Paul!

      Delete