Saturday, September 14, 2024

10 Things from This Week

In no particular order...

  1. It looks like some of our stores have zipped right past Halloween and are now on to Christmas?!?  I prefer to enjoy each holiday as they come, not some four-month long mega-holiday :(
  2. I think we have seen the last of our 100+ degree days for this year.  It sure seemed like a very long, hot summer, but now the weather is so much cooler and nicer.
  3. On the flip side, the past few days have been a sea of yellow haze in our area due to the California wildfires.  I didn't even walk for a couple of days because the smoke was so heavy in the air. Yuck
  4. Politics is awful as usual.  I like Eric Weinstein's take on politics (he is brilliant but I think we are all doomed).
  5. We will have guests coming and going for the next couple of months so the upcoming week will be lots of getting thigs ready and buying a lot of food to cook for everyone.
  6. Work is wonderful and busy.  I am glad that I have this job now that I am older rather than when I was younger (I did the same work before, but in the background so I didn't have to deal with people).  There are so many personalities and politicking to deal with it is exhausting sometimes.
  7. We are back to wondering if we should buy a new house and move or not.  Our new neighbors appear to be tweakers who are annoying in several ways (I hate to think of the condition they will leave the rental house in when they leave as the owners seemed to take such meticulous care of it when they lived there).
  8. We found a new restaurant and it was exceptional (great service and their yellow curry was sublime).  So now Weera Thai is on our favorites list!
  9. I am still morbidly fascinated by the rattlesnake cam.  I am not a fan of snakes but as long as they are on the other side of the camera, I find them interesting to check on every morning.
  10. Finally, here is a cool bird migration website.  It even includes bird migration maps and data specific to your own area (apparently 16,000 birds flew over my city last night as they migrated south!).

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your lists and learn so much from some of your links. I've been watching the bird and the butterfly migrations. It's just fascinating. Enjoy your company and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete