Sunday, March 11, 2018

Brownies from Scratch


I love shopping at our local 99 Cent store.  Mostly everything in the store is 99 cents and many things are great deals.  There are some things I pretty much never buy there (food products from China, American food products that have been "shrink ray-ed" specifically for a $1 store, etc).  But every once in a while they have amazing deals that are too good to pass up (like the industrial-sized Best Food mayonnaise for 99 cents which will last us for a year or so).  A few months ago I bought a giant-sized bag of baking cocoa for 99 cents even though I rarely (never?) have baked with it (I usually just buy brownie mix).  Today I was bored so looked up a brownie recipe (from scratch) and it came out really good!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny you should write a post about dollar stores as I was planning on writing one later in the week, as I am tending to pop into them more and more to pick things up. I too find them very useful. I got the neatest thing there yesterday. I'll post about it later in the week.

    ReplyDelete