Saturday, November 17, 2018

A Saturday Morning 10k


I drug myself out of bed this morning so I could meet up with my walking group and do a 10k at a local park.  I have been SO lazy these past couple months but I am really glad I forced myself to go because...

  • the walk was free.  I buy a bunch of walk coupons for our club walks at the beginning of the year then use the coupons for each walk I do so while it isn't technically free, I didn't pay anything to walk this morning.
  • the weather was perfect.  65 degrees and sunny makes for perfect walking weather!
  • a couple of club members are bird enthusiasts and since we were walking through a park with lots and lots of migrating birds I learned a whole lot about a variety of birds.  Fascinating!
  • the park was the scene of a "run with your dog 5k" this morning so we got to see lots of runners and lots of beautiful dogs (some were even running with chihuahuas!).
  • the exercise was good for me, I need to do this more often.
  • I got to catch up with club members I haven't seen for a couple of months and learn about all of the fun stuff they have been doing (one lady does walking tours and she just got back from the east coast, another couple just got back from a wine tour of Portugal, a couple of members only have a few more states to walk in to get their "50 states" patch...overall a very cool group of people!).
On a side note, the walking club I belong to has chapters all over the US so if you are looking for a fun and inexpensive hobby, check out their website where you can find links to local clubs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment