- Trump announced today that he would keep the government shut down "for months or even years". Yikes!
- Which means people like TSA workers aren't getting paid (and are calling in sick so they can work somewhere that will actually pay them to work).
- And prison guards aren't getting paid either.
- If the shutdown isn't fixed soon, food stamps won't go out to hundreds of thousands of people in February (will there be riots? Some suggest there would be if this happens).
- And while you are required to file your taxes this spring, if the shut down continues you won't be getting a tax refund until the government is reopened.
- There are our beautiful national parks which are being trashed and people are even dying there but there are no employees there to report the deaths or watch out for visitors.
- On another note, our healthcare system is a hot mess as is our prescription drug situation.
Sometimes I think I shouldn't even check the news...so much of it is sad and negative and stress-inducing!