Thursday, January 3, 2019

My First Volksmarch of the Year


With the SIL and BIL here visiting, I now have someone to walk with so the BIL and I headed out to do a 10k volksmarch in Henderson this morning.  The weather was perfect, the views were great, and the BIL was a super fast walker (he just finished hiking the 2000 mile Appalachian Trail so no surprise there)!  My challenge this year is to complete 100 volksmarches (walks) this year which will be about 600 miles so this was walk number one with 99 more to go!  Note the photo above was from the last time I did this walk since we were walking so fast this time I didn't have time to take photos.  This is also no spend day number three so far this year since I had free walk coupons to use for today's walk so we are doing great on both the health front and the money front as well!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds perfect! We have super fast walkers on our relay team. One is almost as fast as my run/jog pace time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete