- We went to the Asian store and they don't have rice and don't know when they will get more. We did see big bags of sweet rice which made me wonder if people who don't usually eat rice know the difference between the two (sweet rice is for desserts, not regular eating).
- One of our major casino chains has closed all of their buffets until further notice.
- Some of our local businesses are having employees work at home and are limiting access to their offices.
- There have been A LOT of events canceled in Las Vegas including the NAB and other conferences (I'm really worried about how employees who staff these events will get by without work/paychecks/benefits/etc).
- Many restaurants in Las Vegas, especially Asian restaurants, are pretty hard hit by the virus. Hubby and I went to a buffet a couple days ago and there was probably a quarter of the people eating there that would normally be.
- I got hired for WSOP again which I am really looking forward to working at...I just hope the event doesn't get cancelled!
- We went to the grocery store today and their ad flyer had cases of water on sale (!). Of course they were out of water and when I asked why they would put it on sale during this time the lady said the ads are created months in advance so the sale price is actually less than what the store is currently paying to buy the water wholesale plus their supplier can't even keep up with demand. Yikes.
Meanwhile hubby and I are fine and while I worry more about him getting the virus because he is in a high risk group, so far he won't give up his bowling leagues or poker playing. And while I would be perfectly fine being quarantined to home for a couple of weeks, I think he would go stir crazy!