Wednesday, April 1, 2020

And We are Cleaning Some More...

In today's news...

...we went out to the bank to pay the mortgage and stopped by the grocery store.  Almost everything except for paper products was well stocked, including ice cream.  I did notice, however, that they took away all of their store advertisements and jammed their app so it wouldn't work while we were in the store.  Since I download the sale items to my app at home and checked off the items we planned on buying, we still got the sale price on everything we bought.


...hubby is still cleaning like a maniac.  Today he took down all of the curtains and we washed them, he scrubbed all of the doors and wood work, and he put back the fans and vent covers he washed yesterday.


...hubby is also binge watching 'Tiger King' and 'Ozarks' on Netflix.  I am binge reading all kinds of e-books, thank goodness for our amazing library system!

...hubby also made me a nice sandwich for lunch today.


...every time we leave the house and after every contact like our drive-thru bank transaction and going through the grocery store, we sanitize like crazy.  I've never carried hand sanitizer with me before but I sure do now.

...I love the animal cams at the San Diego Zoo.  Whenever I need a happiness break, I tune in and watch the baboons, giraffes, etc.

...on another happy note, crime is down 27% in our city due to the pandemic.

...on a sad note, my aunt won't get a funeral because of the pandemic but maybe on her death anniversary next year we will all get together and do a small memorial service.

...in other death news, yesterday was the 25th anniversary of the death of Selena (I was a big fan, even before the movie came out), tomorrow my mother would have turned 75 (she died 20 years ago and I wonder what her life would have been like if she had lived until now...lots of grim thoughts going through my head due to all of the pandemic news on TV 24/7!), and someone commented on my post yesterday who has four family members who are dead or dying due to the pandemic...I pray for that person and everyone who is or will be impacted by the coronavirus.

I hope you all stay safe and stay healthy! 

2 comments:

  1. What will your husband do when he cleans everything? I see all the heartbroken children, grown and little, who have lost a parent and it brings me to tears. I wonder things about my mother if she had lived longer. She died at 71 and would have been 100 four years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOl hubby told me today he is running out of things to clean! We still have at least 28 more days of quarantine...eeekk

      Delete