This was a good frugal Friday, mostly because our local grocery store had some great sales and, along with some good deals on their app, we were able to get everything in the picture above for only $41.38. Our haul included: a whole roast chicken, a dozen dinner rolls, green grapes, two pounds of strawberries, mayonnaise, two boxes of hair color, a pound of butter, two oranges, five pounds of potatoes, two pounds of apples, a half pound of sliced London broil from the deli, two packages of cheese, a pound of tomatoes, and a drink from Starbucks (they have a Starbucks in the store and the app had a 'get $5 off any Starbucks drink purchase' which made the drink free!). Overall I think we got a great deal on all of these items! Among other things...
- Don't forget to turn your clocks forward (in most of the US) this Saturday before you go to bed (daylight savings time starts on Sunday, March 14).
- Also this weekend, check your bank account--the new stimulus checks will start being deposited this weekend.
- Looking for an interesting job? The Planter's NutMobile is looking for drivers!
- I love picking up stuff other people are throwing away. Here is a wonderful article on cool things people have picked up that other people were throwing away.
- Here's the annual ranking of best states. The state we left is #1, the state we moved to is #37!?! But they couldn't pay us enough to move back to any place with a cold climate!
- Speaking of cold weather, it snowed in Las Vegas today! Although we just got a lot of rain, our friends who live at higher elevations got snow.
- Here is an interesting article on 'The Joy of F@#% You Money'. It's a good idea to have this sort of money in savings.
- Finally, I was looking at the first few posts I made on this blog more than a decade ago. What a difference a decade makes!!! Everything in our lives have changed since then, and all for the better! We now live in a new place, we no longer are in debt, we are no longer working, What a trip down memory lane!