It's a quite week before Christmas around here! In other news...
- This is a picture of the world's largest belt buckle found at one of the National Finals Rodeo venues!
- The government is providing more free home covid tests which you can order online here.
- In case you are setting up your 2023 calendars this week, here is a list of free entrance days to the National Parks. A better way to access the parks (IMHO) is with one of these great passes!
- Speaking of calendars, here is a huge list of celebratory days/weeks/months for 2023.
- I haven't been dumpster diving in ages but these great finds may make me plan such an outing!
- And more great pictures...of cats!
- Here were some interesting money challenges that I might do in 2023.
- We still haven't decided what we will do for Christmas this year (it will probably be a last-minute decision) but I do know I will be making masses of Christmas cookies and treats this week to deliver to friends and family who live in the area.
- The cost of eggs for said treats will be ridiculously expensive this year. I saw eggs at our local grocery store a few days ago--$8.99 for 18 eggs! My husband asked if that was a joke. Sadly, it wasn't.
- I was surprised to get a Merry Christmas email from the daughter of a lady I met when our cruise ship went to Kiribati many years ago. The lady was a nurse at the island clinic and I sent her medical supplies when we returned home from our cruise and now, every few years or so, I hear from her daughter which is always a nice surprise!
I hope your pre-Christmas week is going according to plan!