Moving into week two of everything going wrong and stuff just keeps happening!
- We got the paint (under $100 so that was good) and painted the living room before thinking it looks really really lite compared to the old color. Hubby likes the old color better so we stopped after painting the living room and will wait until the floor is installed to see if we want to switch colors back and hire a PROFESSIONAL to do the painting. I suck at painting (it's a good thing the flooring is getting replaced because I got paint everywhere) and I suck at picking colors (I don't have an artistic bone in my body!). ayayay
- The relative who bought an airline ticket last week to come visit us next month (hubby's sister) that I mentioned in my last post, and who we thought her health was too poor to have her traveling anywhere let alone across the country, is now on life support which will probably be discontinued this evening. It is a sad thing all the way around. Hubby doesn't travel anymore so we will watch the last rites via FB messenger this evening. Another sister flew across the country to see her yesterday and promptly got sick upon arrival and tested positive for covid so not only can she not see her sister for the last time, she is now isolated in another family member's house by herself until she gets better.
- My friend called this morning and her furnace died (she lives in a very cold climate) and now she needs to replace the entire system.
- Hubby's fish that he has had for about 8 years suddenly died (and this fish seemed like it actually had a personality!).
- I got a notice on FB that an old friend that I hadn't seen in years just had a heart attack and died (and he is my age--only mid 50s!).
- Another friend called and told me her dad had a heart attack last Saturday but the cardiologist didn't come in until Monday to treat him (what kind of major hospital doesn't have 24/7 cardiology coverage???).
- Randomly, this movie showed up on my YouTube feed a couple days ago. It features a friend of mine, Helene, who is continuing to fight her own battle with cancer.
- Finally yesterday, we heard a big bang upstairs, went up to look and didn't find anything wrong, then later that night we saw that a big, heavy piece of artwork that we had on the wall just fell off the wall for no reason!
I'm hoping Murphy moves along soon...