It's officially "pool season" in Las Vegas, unfortunately we have had a cool, windy, and rainy spring so I was really surprised to see people actually swimming at the Golden Nugget pool today (I'm still wearing my down jacket everyday!). It is also Taylor Swift weekend in Las Vegas so there are hoards of people attending her concerts this weekend. In other news...
- My dearest friend is still in the hospital on a ventilator, 10 days after her fairly uncomplicated surgery. Her daughter says she is "doing OK"; I didn't have the heart to tell her that being on a ventilator for 10 days with no end sight isn't "OK". So I continue to pray for a good outcome for her.
- I went back to my dentist who recently sold his practice to a dental corporation and he, himself, cleaned my teeth. I am not a fan of corporate dental practices, but he is an excellent dentist so I will keep going as long as he remains on the staff.
- Apparently I am not the only one worried about what happens if my or hubby's life comes to a screeching halt. Sluggy wrote about this topic over on her blog and the comments on her post are also excellent.
- We found an excellent plumber who fixed up a plumbing leak we were having quickly and relatively inexpensively.
- Our 92 year old friend seems to be declining quickly, at least where her memory is concerned. I talked to her daughter who came up from California to try to get her mom into assisted living and her mom--our friend--will have none of that. The daughter is moving across the country in a couple weeks so I am not sure how that will work out. All of our friend's kids are in their early 70s and aren't in the best of health themselves so there doesn't seem to be a good way to resolve this issue.
- Finally, our washer is still being temperamental so I may have to break down and buy a Speed Queen. Even though they are expensive machines, I hope that it would last me the rest of my life!
I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful spring weekend!