Saturday, October 13, 2012

I Think I'm Better...And Some Links

In my last post I told you I was going to try a liver/gallbladder cleanse and I actually did it!  Fortunately it only took a day and a half because I have no willpower but this was pretty simple.  The cleanse is described here, here, and here (seems a lot of people are fond of their gallbladders and are looking for ways to save it!).  Overall I believe it worked; at least I feel better but I'm not sure if it was because of the cleanse or because I drastically changed my diet.  Note that Epsom salt and water tastes disgusting (and it is an excellent laxative...who knew?), and that a half cup of olive oil mixed with a half cup of grapefruit juice tastes worse...but it gets the job done.  Also since the cleanse I have been really careful about my diet--no Frapuccinos, no Baskin Robbins Blast, no ice cream, no junk food--I am basically doing a modified paleo with some rice as my only grain.  Overall an interesting experiment!

And here's some links I came across recently:

3 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better after that! There's a new extreme cheapskate on this week on TLC that looks interesting... one woman pees in a jar to save "flushes". O_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the links, reading Lessons from extreme cheapskates , while the examples were extreme like making a prom dress out of candy wrappers......the tips at the end I don't find extreme at all and I have done many of those myself.

    My only pet peeve is the tip •Refill your condiment bottles at home with free packets from fast-food restaurants.

    This IS stealing and the expense DOES get passed on the the customer in the form of higher prices for meals! Stealing is NOT worth saving a dime.

    INcome and Savings with integrity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're feeling better! This may sound weird, but if you took the half cup of olive oil and grapefruit juice and added some spices to it, it might make a nice healthy citrus salad dressing, no? It might go down easier that way.

    ReplyDelete