Daily goal 1--work on book. Didn't do this. Bummer. But I will do chapters 4 and 5 tomorrow so I can catch up.
Daily goal 2--make money. I uploaded hubby's first cooking video today. I seriously need to learn how to edit video!! I gave it a shot and it could have been better but every time I tried to clip out a few frames that were unneeded it would delete the whole segment! Eeekk I also linked the YouTube channel with Adsense but I think it will take 24 hours to kick in. What I really want to do is devise enough sources of passive income so that I won't need to go out and seek work to do and get paid for, kind of like this lady.
Daily goal 3--exercise. I know I should have at least went out for a walk but I was lazy and didn't. Bummer.
Daily goal 4--activity. We stayed home all day so didn't do any kind of activity (unless cleaning up the garage counts, which it doesn't).
So basically that is what I did all day, which wasn't much. When were were cleaning up the garage, hubby's daughter called and said she needed a laptop for her son and it just so happened that we found an old laptop (circa 2005) in a box in the garage so I spent hours--literally--updating it. Here's how I take an old computer and make it newish again:
- Turn it on and hook it up to the internet.
- Go to 'add/delete programs' and check what programs are on the computer. There was some pretty old software still on this computer as well as other obsolete programs which I uninstalled.
- Go to 'Windows Update' and see if there are any updates for the computer (there were 75 so it took ages for all of the updates to load!)
- After all of the updates load, turn off then restart the computer then hit windows update again. Sometimes needed updates won't show up until other updates have been installed.
- Delete anything else off the computer that you don't want there (in this case there were a bunch of old picture and music files which I already have on my new computer so all of these files got deleted as well).
- Get on the internet then go to internet options then click on 'delete'. You have the option to delete browsing history, TIFs, etc. I deleted everything.
- Then I reset the home page to a generic page (Yahoo.com in this case) instead of the homepage I use.
- Next I emptied the recycle bin on the computer.
- Next I turned off then restarted the computer just to get all of the changes settled.
- Then I went to start, all programs, accessories, system tools and did a disc clean up then a disc defragment (this takes forever!).
- Finally, I installed some new software they might like at www.ninite.com. In this case I chose the Chrome browser, Skype, VLC, LibreOffice, Avast, and Ad Aware.
So while I didn't do a whole lot today, I still feel relatively productive!